intellectual property and trade marks
Our clients are encouraged to recognise the importance of trade marks to their business as valuable assets that enable consumers to distinguish their goods and services from their competitors.
The most effective way to protect your trade mark is to register it with IP Australia or with the appropriate international trade marks office.
Zervos Lawyers acts for a variety of businesses of all different sizes in various markets under this area of law. Our clients include providers of goods and services such as restaurants and home ware manufacturers and retailers.
Our goal is to help clients protect their brand image and identity. We assist with their intellectual property requirements including the registration of their trade marks (both here and overseas) and protection of their trade marks from infringement.
We offer a comprehensive range of services including:
- Advice on trade mark development before its entry into the marketplace, taking legal requirements and pre-existing trade marks into account
- Trade mark searches
- Registration of trade marks in Australia and overseas
- Trade mark maintenance, including renewals
- Trade mark infringements and defence
- Assignment of trade marks
In addition to our trade mark services, we can also assist you with a broad range of intellectual property requirements such as:
- Domain names
- Registration of designs
- Passing off and claims pursuant to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
- Confidential information